Nightsongs. Patrick de Bana
CND ARCHIVE REPERTOIRE 90/11. GUEST CHOREOGRAPHERS
- Choreography: Patrick de Bana
- Music: Arvo Pärt and Alberto Iglesias
- Sets: Patrick de Bana
- Costumes: Patrick de Bana (with the collaboration of Ismael Aznar)
- Light Design: Patrick de Bana (with the collaboration of Nicolás Fischtel)
- Voice: Emmanuelle Broncin
- Premiered by Compañía Nacional de Danza at Teatro de Madrid, June 5th, 1998.
Patrick Bana's main source of inspiration to create Nightsongs was a folkloric Arabic poem. Love, sadness, hate, madness, they all are emotional branches of our vital experience, which builds relationships between us and others: our friends, our lovers... However, we start and end in loneliness. And it is there where we find our truth, the one that we come from, the one that we are heading to. This way, the circle of life closes with logic and harmony. It does not matter how energetic or intense life may have been; in the end, we find our essence, the purity that we had when we were born.