Kelmady. Patrick de Bana
CND ARCHIVE REPERTOIRE 90/11. GUEST CHOREOGRAPHERS
- Choreography: Patrick de Bana
- Music: Traditional arabian
- Sets: Patrick de Bana
- Costumes: Amparo Utrilla (in collaboration with Looking-Shocking and Ismael Aznar)
- Light Design: Nicolás Fischtel (A.A.I.) (over Patrick de Bana´s an original idea).
- World premiere by Compañía Nacional de Danza at Teatro de Madrid, on june 30, 1999.
This ballet was inspired by all those people who continue waiting for somebody who never arrives at the assigned time. This attitude of hope, this desire expanded in time, steady and serene, even though days have passed by and the awaited meeting has not occurred this is to what De Bana dedicates his creation. The choreography reproduces the cyclical character of this waiting. He provides this waiting with a closed and complete sense.
Kelmandy, de Bana´s second work for the Compañía Nacional de Danza, comes to consolidate the future of this young creator within the current choreographic scene.