Empty. Nacho Duato
CND ARCHIVE NACHO DUATO'S REPERTOIRE 90/10
- Choreography: Nacho Duato
- Music: Izumi Kobayashi, Philip Glass, Jimi Hendrix, Peter Sculthorpe, Ravi Shankar, Istvan Marta, Camille Saint-Saëns
- Scenery: Nacho Duato
- Costumes: Nacho Duato in collaboration with Ismael Aznar
- Light Design: Edward Effron
- World premiere by Compañía Nacional de Danza at the Teatro Albéniz, Madrid, April 5.
Empty is an empty space full of forms. Against a varied musical collage, the images follow each other without apparent relation between arguments. To achieve this, a mixture of dance resourses is used in an eclectic way with the sole purpose of creating sensations. Thus, the empty space is gradually filled with images and forms, in the same way as a wall is covered with graffitis. In this ballet we become aware, in a spontaneous way, of the impact of the images through sensuality, without getting as far as understanding the reason of things: what appears as significant may well be a mere trifle, whilst small details may be replete with value.