Kol Nidre. Nacho Duato
CND ARCHIVE NACHO DUATO'S REPERTOIRE 90/10
- Choreography: Nacho Duato
- Music: John Tavener, Arvo Pärt and John Zorn
- Scenography and Costumes: Nacho Duato
- Lighting Design: Joop Caboort
- Premiered by the Compañía Nacional de Danza 2 at the Teatro de Madrid, on 22nd January 2009. Premiered by the Compañía Nacional de Danza in the Gran Teatro Falla of Cádiz, on 30th October 2009.
Kol Nidre is the name of the declaration recited in the synagogue, prior to commencement of the evening service of Yom Kippur. Its name is taken from the initial letters of the declaration and it is a time to reflect and forgive.
These are the building blocks taken by Duato in his new creation for the Compañía Nacional de Danza 2 and from October 2009, Kol Nidre is also incorporates to the repertoire of CND. It is a more introspective, spiritual work that reflects on the situation of the youngest during armed conflict: those known as “war children”.