Contado en Rojo. Nicolo Fonte
CND ARCHIVE REPERTOIRE 90/11. GUEST CHOREOGRAPHERS
- Choreography: Nicolo Fonte
- Music: Michael Gordon and Giovanni Sollima
- Staging: Nicolo Fonte
- Costumes: Nicolo Fonte and Ismael Aznar
- Light Design: Nicolás Fischtel (A.A.I.)
- World premiere by Compañía Nacional de Danza at Teatro de Madrid, March 30th, 2000
Fonte draws his inspiration directly from affective relationships, from the absence of communication. The ballet tries to be an exploration to come to a concrete dialogue that never takes place. It is through a language so particular and abstract as that of movement, that this communication is finally produced, thus solving a long-lasting conflict. Fonte penetrates the world of colour, of plasticity of textures, to express a stream of energy, using red to represent the life force. Red/blood, red/passion, red/volcanic explosion, telluric nucleus that emerges with violence, with anxiety, as a liberation...
Fonte dedicates Contado En Rojo to his father.