Cor Perdut. Nacho Duato
CND ARCHIVE NACHO DUATO'S REPERTOIRE 90/10
- Choreography: Nacho Duato
- Music: María del Mar Bonet
- Costumes and Light Design: Nacho Duato
- World premiered by the Nederlands Dans Theater at the Nederlands Dans Theater, The Hague, April 27th, 1989.
- Premiered by Compañía Nacional de Danza at the Centro Cultural de la Villa, Madrid, June 30th, 1990.
Cor perdut is a pas de deux inspired by the Catalan version of the song Bir Demet Ysemen by Mª del Mar Bonet. This particular interpretation is based upon a theme with traditional nuances composed by the Armenian M.J. Berberian. “It's no use crying/it’s no use dying/desire is stronger/it goes its own way”, laments the impressive voice of Mª del Mar Bonet. Her hypnotic power over Duato - who created Cor Perdut as a birthday present for the Majorcan singer - is unquestionable, considering that two of the Valencian’s most brilliant choreographies are Jardí Tancat (1983) and Arenal (1988), both to music by this interpreter. To the syncopatic and hypnotic rhythm of the Tunisian percussion instrument, the two dancers bring to life this choreographer’s dynamic corporal and expressive language with the same anxious fluency transmitted by the voice of Mª del Mar Bonet.
Patricia García Ríos