DELIBES SUITE. José Carlos Martínez 2003
- Choreography: José Carlos Martínez
- Music: Léo Delibes, excerpts from La Source/Act 2: Scène et pas d'action and from Coppelia/Act 3: Le travail and Galop final
- Costumes: Agnès Letestu
- Lighting design: José Carlos Martínez
- Duration: 13 minutes
- Absolute world premiere by Incidence Choregraphique on March 16th, 2003 at L'Orangerie de Roissy (France).
- Premiere of Compañía Nacional de Danza choreography on October 18th, 2013 at Teatro Guerra, Lorca (Spain).
To music by French composer Léo Delibes (excerpts from La Source and Coppelia), José Carlos Martínez has choreographed a pas de deux in classical style -adagio, male variation, ballerina variation and coda- in which he playfully entices us with excerpts from the choreographic arsenal of more complex pieces. At the same time, he achieves a precise and subtle lightness, mixed with his characteristic vitality.
Costumes made by: Carmen Granell and CND