EXTREMELY CLOSE. Alejandro Cerrudo 2008
- Choreography: Alejandro Cerrudo
- Music: Philip Glass and Dustin O'Halloran
- Costumes: Janice Pytel
- Set design: Alejandro Cerrudo
- Lighting design: Tanja Rühl
- Duration: 22 minutes
- World premiere, on August 4th 2008, at the Joyce Theater in NY, by the Hubbard Street Dance Co, Chicago.
- Premiere by Compañía Nacional de Danza on January 18th, 2012 at Teatro de la Zarzuela, Madrid (Spain).
This richly textured work envelopes its dynamism in conceptual art. Extremely Close drives us into an elegant world in continual movement and change. Using the relentless piano beat of Phillip Glass and Dustin O’Halloran as its main pillar throughout, Cerrudo choreographic creation for eight dancers gradually slows down, eventually eventually us into a completely minimalist atmosphere.