MINUS 16. Ohad Naharin 1999
- Choreography: Ohad Naharin
- Music: Collage (*)
- Costumes: Ohad Naharin
- Lighting design: Avi Yona Bueno (Bambi)
- Staging: Shani Garfinkel and Shahar Biniamini
- Duration: 32 minutes
- World premiere by Batsheva Dance Company in 1999 at Lucent Dance Theater, The Hague (The Netherlands).
- Premiere by Compañía Nacional de Danza on November 16th, 2013 at Teatro de la Zarzuela, Madrid (Spain).
Featuring an eclectic score ranging from Dean Martin to mambo, techno to traditional Israeli music, Ohad Naharin’s Minus 16 uses improvisation and Naharin’s acclaimed Gaga method, a unique movement language that breaks down old habits, pushing the dancers to challenge themselves in new ways. The work is unique for removing the barrier between performers and spectators. Minus 16 not only delights in its own wackiness, but also celebrates the joy of dancing. The piece has elements of unpredictability and fun that makes each performance of Minus 16 delightfully different.
- * Music
- It Must Be True performed by The John Buzon Trio. Written by Gus Arnheim, Harry Barris and Gordon Clifford. Used by permission with EMI Mills Music Inc.
- Hava Nagila ©1963, ren. 1991 Surf Beat Music. All rights reserved. Written and arranged by Dick Dale under license from Surf Beat Music (ASCAP).
- Echad Mi Yode’a Lyrics and Music Traditional. Arranged by The Tractor’s Revenge (Green, Belleli, Leibovitch). Published by The Tractor’s Revenge (Green, Belleli, Leibovitch).
- Nisi Dominus, RV 608: IV. Cum Dederit (Andante) by Antonio Vivaldi performed by James Bowman, The Academy of Ancient Music and Christopher Hogwood.
- Over The Rainbow by E.Y. ‘YIP’ Harburg and Harold Arlen. Used by permission of EMI Feist Catalog Inc. One Hundred Percent (100%) ASCAP.
- Hooray For Hollywood (Richard Whiting and Johnny Mercer) ©1937 (Renewed) WB Music Corp. (ASCAP) All rights reserved. Used by permission. Written by John Mercer and Richard Whiting. Used by permission with Warner/Chappell Music.
- Sway by Pablo Beltran Ruiz, Luis Demetrio, Traconis Molina, and Norman Gimbel; Words West LLC d/b/a Butterfield Music (BMI). All rights reserved.