DUST TO DUST. Juan Carlos Santamaría
- - In memory of Juan Carlos Santamaría (San Sebastián 1964/Cabezón de Pisuerga, 22 October, 2016)
- Choreography: Juan Carlos Santamaría
- Music: Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (Stabat Mater Dolorosa)
- Dancers: Aída Badía, Erez Ilan
- “Thank you, Dance, for having loved me like one of your own children”
- -J.C. Santamaría-
- Baroque influence permeates Polvo (Dust), the first work created by the Company’s then director, Juan Carlos Santamaría, after he had been awarded the Premio Nacional de Danza 2008, in the ‘Creation’ category. The wonderful music of the 18th Century takes central stage in this work, drawing the spectator to a series of dazzling and poetic images in which life and death move hand in hand by way of a physical and visual dance.