POR VOS MUERO. Nacho Duato
- Choreography: Nacho Duato
- Music: Old Spanish Music-XV and XVI centuries- Cançons de la Catalunya mil-lenària - El Mestre, popular of Catalonia by La Capella Reial de Catalunya, directed by Jordi Savall; Canciones y Danzas de España, and España, Antología de la Música Española
- Sets: Nacho Duato
- Costumes: Nacho Duato and Ismael Aznar
- Light design: Nicolás Fischtel (A.A.I.)
- Text: Garcilaso de la Vega
- Voice: Miguel Bosé
Duration: 30 minutes
- World premiere by Compañía Nacional de Danza at Teatro de Madrid, April 11th, 1996.
Duato was inspired by old Spanish music of the 15th and 16th centuries together with some of the most beautiful verses of the Spanish poet Garcilaso de la Vega. Music and poetry connect the obviously contemporary dance of Por Vos Muero to its historic reference.
In the 15th and 16th centuries dances formed part of the cultural expression of people, including all social hierarchies, and therefore they produced an honest reflection of culture of that time. Por Vos Muero wants to pay a tribute to the very important role that dance played in every sort of social event during those ancient times.