SUITE NO.2 OP. 17, III ROMANCE. Uwe Scholz 1987
- Choreography: Uwe Scholz
- Music: Sergei Rachmaninov
- Costumes: Uwe Scholz
- Lighting Design: Röger Michael Wolfgang
- Costumes made by: Klaus Schreck
- Duration: 9 minutes (aprox.)
- World premiere by Zürich Ballet on 1987 at Zürich Opera House, Zürich (Switzerland)
- Premiere by Compañía Nacional de Danza on May 8th, 2015 at Teatro Principal, Valencia (Spain).
What distinguishes Scholz choreographies in general is their unparalleled musicality. Step by step the music resounding throughout his work almost seems forced to shape itself and move in harmony with his art. The usual perception is that the choreography reflects the music, translating it faithfully into a visual setting. Not so with Scholz's staging. In his artistically unequalled tour de force, the music reflects a resounding symphony of imagery.
Scholz writes poetry with movement. He writes poetry in dance. His ballets, written in largely classical moves, are a silent staged address emphatically tracing everyman's joys and sorrows. That is the way his work affects people. You hear his ballets with your eyes. You see them with your ears.Klaus Geitel