THREE PRELUDES. Ben Stevenson
- Choreography: Ben Stevenson
- Music: Sergei Rachmaninoff
- Lighting design: Nicolás Fischtel
- Staging: Trinidad Vives
- Duration: 16 minutes
- World premiere by the Harkness Youth Company in 1969.
- Premiere by Compañía Nacional de Danza on December 15th, 2012 at Centre Cultural Terrassa, Barcelona (Spain).
The international award winning Three Preludes was created by Ben Stevenson in 1969 and is performed to selections of Sergei Rachmaninoff’s Preludes. This popular work has been performed in the repertoires of many companies around the world, including The American Ballet Theater, The Paris Opera Ballet, and The Scala de Milano Ballet.
The gentle, loving pas de deux focuses on the characters of two dancers who fall in love while working in a dance studio. The three movements develop in both speed and intensity as the emotion between the dancers evolves into passion. Ben Stevenson’s Three Preludes was awarded the Gold medal for choreography at the International Ballet Competition in Varna, Bulgaria in 1972.
Costumes made by: CND