BABYLON. Arantxa Sagardoy and Alfredo Bravo
- Choreography: Arantxa Sagardoy and Alfredo Bravo
- Music: Dmitri Shostakovich, Symphony No. 8 in C minor, op. 65
- Costumes: Arantxa Sagardoy and Alfredo Bravo
- Set design: Arantxa Sagardoy and Alfredo Bravo
- Lighting design: Dermot O´Brien
- Duration: 32 minutes
- Premiere by Compañía Nacional de Danza on October 25th, 2012 at Mercat de les Flors, Barcelona (Spain).
Dynamics are the starting point for an underworld anchored in the metrics of the sound of movement, spurred by latent, multicellular and powerful humanity. Those dynamics shift us away from the verticality of being and reveal the contrast with the horizontal soul. This is the painful duality in which I move, dragged by the forces that rule us, from the infinite planes of emotional choreology, from the manifold vectors of a mental colour in exodus towards a distant Zion.
Travel can only begin through movement.
Costumes made by: CND